Beckbury Village Hall
CONTRACT OF HIRE
In hiring Beckbury Village Hall you accept that you are in charge of activities conducted within the building during the period of hire.
You accept to be aware of and bound by all Village Hall policies including: ‘Equalities’, ‘Safeguarding’ and ‘Health and safety’, and to all other terms and conditions of hiring the hall. Copies of all policies are available in the Village Hall and on the website.
- Health and Safety: FIRE
- The Village Hall is hired as an unsupervised facility any fire safety responsibilities rest with you. You will be the ‘responsible person’ in the event of fire
- You need to familiarise yourself with the layout of the Village Hall, and fire safety provision within it.
- You will need to acquaint yourself with the contents of BVH Fire File available in the Village Hall – (also available on line), particularly what you should do in case of fire
- PLEASE NOTE THAT YOU MUST NOT USE REAL CANDLES OR ANYTHING WITH A NAKED FLAME IN ANY PART OF THE VILLAGE HALL OR ITS GROUNDS
- Other terms and conditions
- Ensure that you allow sufficient time for preparation and cleaning up afterwards to return the hall to the condition in which you found it. Preparation time, event time and cleaning up time will all form part of the hire period.
- An inventory is available on line and in paper form. In hiring the hall it is expected that you have checked the inventory and that any missing or damaged items will be made good to the satisfaction of trustees, either by replacement acceptable to the trustees or agreed payment
- The provided Closing Down Procedure must be adhered to, hirers will be held responsible for payment of costs arising due to not following the closing down procedure, e.g. if heating is left on fuel used will be charged for etc.
- If the hall is not left in the condition in which it was found Trustees reserve the right to charge the hirer for any cleaning that is needed
- Payment will be in line with the hire fees current at the time of hiring- see website for up to date fees
- Payment must be made online
- Payments must be made before commencement of hire unless alternative arrangements have been made with the agreement of the Treasurer.
- Emergency contacts
- In case of life-threatening or other very serious emergency such a fire, 999 should be dialled immediately – see fire procedures in case of fire
- In case of a situation arising which threatens the event, e.g. heating, electrics, plumbing or structural issues, a list of names and numbers to contact will be found in the hall and on the website.
- Trustees wish to provide a well maintained, welcoming facility for community use, private hire and commercial use. We will endeavour to maintain it in good clean, well decorated condition and to administer its hiring in a fair way. If, however, you feel you have any cause for complaint please bring it to the notice of any Village Hall Trustee who will then raise the complaint at the subsequent Trustee meeting where trustees will decide their response. If you are unhappy with the response you are invited to attend the following Trustees meeting to discuss your issue and to negotiate a solution that is acceptable to all parties.